Interested? Here’s a Sneak Peek
Your Content Goes HereConsumers are desensitized; every day, their inboxes are flooded with communications from companies competing for their attention and dollars. As a result, consumers have become more adept at tuning out traditional marketing channels (i.e., ads, email, social).
How can marketers respond as consumer behaviors and preferences change? By embracing the always-connected customer and meeting them where they are: their phones.
Many successful businesses use SMS marketing to engage consumers in a far more direct and immediate fashion – often at a fraction of other channels’ costs. In this report, we’ll cover why businesses should incorporate text messaging into their marketing strategy. You’ll learn:
- Why SMS marketing is more effective than email and digital advertising
- The best practices of running SMS campaigns with real-world examples
- The top trends for marketing teams going into 2021
Email is dead
Today, brands send emails at such a high volume that open rates, clicks, and conversions have decreased over the years. As a result, savvy businesses turn to text messaging to engage consumers – and the benefits are clear.
SMS campaigns are more effective than email
- Text messages have a 98% open rate. The average response rate for SMS marketing is 45%. As a comparison, the average CTR for PPC ads is about 2%, and the average open rate for email is about 21%.
- 80% of Millennials open a new text message within 90 seconds.
- 75% of consumers don’t mind getting promotional text messages from brands. What’s more, customers respond to SMS 209% than they do to email or phone calls.
- 45% of mobile marketing campaigns generate a successful ROI.
- SMS marketing campaigns get 3-6 times more engagement than marketing campaigns.
Much like email, SMS marketing is a trackable platform that businesses can use to see who opened a text – and the links they clicked and who did not open the text. Yet unlike email, SMS marketing offers immediate delivery – once you press “send,” your message goes out instantly – in a medium that offers more personalization. Most texts are read within 15 minutes of delivery.
Sending a text message via your mobile device gives you an informal opportunity to personalize the message. And when customers get messages tailored specifically to them, they’re more likely to pay attention and take action; personalized content outperforms static content by 42 percent…
Download this guide for more valuable insights